The Ffiord experiment was an integer part of the Prisma project. Its interconnections with specific Prisma elements are shown in the diagram below. The following Ffiord components were developed by CNES:
- the FFRF metrology subsystem,
- the GNC Flight Software (FSW) module,
- the ground segment: Ffiord Mission Centre (FMC).
The experiment also included elements developed by the SSC:
- FFRF sensor pilot software,
- onboard and on the ground processing of the Ffiord remote control and measurement,
- data interfacing between Ffiord and the GNC FSW.